Special Education Parent Advisory Team
The Southampton Township School District Special Education Parent Advisory Group (SEPAG) The purpose of the group is provide a forum so that parents and and community members can offer input to the district on critical issues relating to students with disabilities.
Understanding The Purpose
- To provide direct input on the policies, programs and practices that impact services and supports for children with disabilities and their families.
- To increase the involvement of families of children with special needs in making recommendations on special education policy.
- To advise on matters that pertain to the education, health and safety of children with special needs.
- To advise on unmet needs of children with disabilities.
Keeping the Focus on Input
- Keep a policy focus: make sure the SEPAG keeps its focus on providing input on Special Education policy issues.
- A SEPAG is not a "support groups" or a place for a "gripe session"
Who Should Attend SEPAG Meetings?
- Anyone with a student or students in the Southampton school district with different learning needs; be they physical , emotional, or behavioral.
- Anyone with a student or students eligible for or receiving services under an IEP or 504 plan.
What Happens at the SEPAG Meetings?
- Concerns related to a group of students are shared and discussed with the Child Study Team memebers. CST members will serve as the liaison from the group to assist the district on relevent issues.
- Parents will have adequate time to discuss issues in the begining of the meeting. Following the input session will time for members to receive any one of the following additional supports: guest speaker, parent training, and/or resources.
Should you have any questions regarding SEPAG membership, please contact Jennifer Andrews, School Social Worker, at the Office of Special Education directly at (609) 859-2256, Extension 136.
The Special Education Parent Advisory Meeting dates are as follows:
October 18, 2018- 6:00 p.m.
January 17, 2019- 6:00 p.m.
March 7, 2019- 6:00 p.m.
May 9, 2019- 6:00 p.m.